Date: Monday, February 1st, 1999, 00:00
According to an C|Net article (“Bad Tidings for notebook Sales“) notebook computer sales are on the decline and things may not get better for a while. The possible upside for consumers is that a notebook price war is brewing (at least on the Wintel side) and plenty of promotions are in the works.
Much has been said about how desktop PC sales are down this holiday season–between 17 percent and 30 percent compared with last year. But notebooks are taking a beating too. They may be even worse off than PCs, analysts say.
“If anything, notebooks are going to slow down even more than desktops because they’re a higher-ticket item,” Gartner analyst Kevin Knox said Tuesday.
- Possible Broadcom 802.11ac Wi-Fi card spotted, currently supported in OS X 10.8.4 betas
- AT&T to offer FaceTime connections over cellular for all LTE-compatible iPhones by end of 2013
- HandBrake updated to 0.9.9
- Rumor: Apple, suppliers testing 1.5-inch displays for upcoming “iWatch”
- 13-inch MacBook Air inventory beginning to come up short, new models expected around WWDC