Date: Monday, February 1st, 1999, 00:00
According to a recent Reuters story (“Dell Sees No End To Strong Growth“), industry giant Dell is planning to ship out a sleek stylish computer targeted towards the “cool” iMac audience.
In addition, Dell gave customers a glimpse of a small, stylish computer it will begin offering in the fall for that part of the market that Dell called the “cool” consumer. Thenew computer, being developed under the code name ”Webster,” is a departure for Dell which has never been known for its product innovation or concern for style, and asignal of its resolve to increase its consumer PC sales. Currently, consumer sales make up about 15 percent of Dell revenues.
Dell executives said plans were in the works to begin offering customers the option to select different shapes and colors for their computers, a la Apple Computer’s highlysuccessful iMac.
“Industrial design and look and feel are getting more interesting,” said Bell.
- iPhone 5S component photos leaked, could indicate more colors to choose from
- Rumor: AU Optronics may not be part of next-gen iPad mini screen supply chain
- UPS for iPad app goes live, now available in App Store
- Apple releases MacBook Air Flash Storage Firmware Update 1.0 for mid-2012 MacBook Air notebook
- Apple releases iTunes 11.0.3 update