Date: Monday, February 1st, 1999, 00:00
I recently saw a demo that you may be interested in.
After, they mumbled a quick statement about the demo machine “its a dual 500!” as if no big deal. One of my friends attempted to correct him, but he let us know he hadn’t misspoken. He had a dual 500 MHz Ti PowerBook with 512 MB of RAM. We didn’t get too close, as it was only for demonstrations, but it was sitting on top of a cardboard box for the duration of the show, and when he put it away for the night, the box felt ready to catch fire!
More that I heard: it does have a redesigned motherboard, still uses PC 100 SO-DIMMs, shared the same case as the current TiBook and is hotter that hell.
Some thoughts about what is in store for the future of dual G4 PowerBooks: They should be released within the next 6-8 months, they will not use the current case, but instead a slightly colored one.
- Apple releases Java 2013-004 update for Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8 operating systems
- Google Chrome updated to 27.0.1453.116
- Apple releases Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 16
- iPhone case hints at thicker, rounder design for upcoming low-cost iPhone
- AT&T updates carrier settings, pushes Wireless Emergency Alerts