Date: Monday, February 1st, 1999, 00:00
IBM is finally jumping on the cool-translucent-plastics bandwagon with their new “i” series laptops, according to the News.Com article “IBM to get colorful with new notebooks.” Bondi blue came and went last year with Apple’s iMac and this year Nokia came out with their vibrantly colored mobile phones, but Big Blue’s reputation for being a source of stability may mean mainstream acceptance of cool.
So what’s the hype about? IBM will next week release new ThinkPads with snap-on covers that come in different colors. I think Apple covered this one with the PowerBook 1400.
- Apple releases Java 2013-004 update for Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8 operating systems
- Google Chrome updated to 27.0.1453.116
- Apple releases Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 16
- iPhone case hints at thicker, rounder design for upcoming low-cost iPhone
- AT&T updates carrier settings, pushes Wireless Emergency Alerts