Date: Monday, February 1st, 1999, 00:00
Hot off the rumor wire is an interesting tale of a strategic relationship between our favorite computer company and Swedish uber-furniture maven IKEA. The story circulating around Silicon Lane is that Steve and Company are in negotiations with IKEA to install iMacs in all of the chain’s retail stores nationwide.
Our sources in the “know” inform us that Apple wants to install iMacs in the children’s playroom, merchandise pickup area and restaurant of each IKEA store. IKEA may even use the Bondi-workhorses as props for the office and home furniture displays (replacing the awful 70′s-era beige plastic props that they currently use).
The story gets more interesting when you consider that IKEA has a huge catalog and mailing list, and that it would be incredibly easy to add a store-within-a-store in the publication just by adding a few more pages. Hmmm, interesting indeed, no?
“ah, yes, i’ll take the swedish meatballs and a rev. b with 128, please…”
Rumors of the company replacing the capital “I” in their corporate identification with a lower-case “i” are completely unfounded insist our sources.
- Google Chrome updated to 27.0.1453.93
- Delicious Library updated to 3.0.2
- Yahoo! changes Flickr policies, now offers 1TB of storage space for free
- Possible Broadcom 802.11ac Wi-Fi card spotted, currently supported in OS X 10.8.4 betas
- AT&T to offer FaceTime connections over cellular for all LTE-compatible iPhones by end of 2013