Date: Monday, February 1st, 1999, 00:00
According to a ZDNet News article Palm Inc. plans to expand into the enterprise solutions market and ultimately to support even more mobile technology protocols with the Palm OS.
Palm Inc. will make a strong push to solve the thorniest issue facing handhelds in the enterprise?the dearth of back-end tools to help IT support all the Palm devices that employees insist on having.
Next year, Palm will begin offering a back-end platform to support enterprise applications with integrated application services tailored for individual business users.
At the same time, Palm is planning new devices with wireless capabilities that are compatible with wireless platforms including CDMA (Code Division Multiple Access), Time Division Multiple Access, Cellular Digital Packet Data and Global System for Mobile Communications.
- iPhone 5S component photos leaked, could indicate more colors to choose from
- Rumor: AU Optronics may not be part of next-gen iPad mini screen supply chain
- UPS for iPad app goes live, now available in App Store
- Apple releases MacBook Air Flash Storage Firmware Update 1.0 for mid-2012 MacBook Air notebook
- Apple releases iTunes 11.0.3 update