Date: Monday, February 1st, 1999, 00:00
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! The world’s first PowerBook user group (PPUG) is going to be having a meeting in the beautiful Manayunk section of Philadelphia, PA. Grab an eSaver, bus or zappy, because you won’t want to miss this one.
The final PPUG bash of the year will take place at the Manayunk Brewing Company at 11am on Saturday, December 16th. Things are a little tight around the holidays so we’re forced to start a little early.
We’ll have a preview of Macworld Expo 2001 in San Francisco, demos of some new gadgets (Visor Prism with OmniSky modem, [ED: Ricochet 128]) our predictions for a new crop of Mac products ([ED: Mercury] two button mouse,) and the latest on the Mac OS including discussion about the next public beta and the pending release of 9.1. We’re inviting members to participate in a big Q & A / rumor free-for-all so bring your gadgets and be ready to show them off. Don’t miss it!
Rob Parker and Jason O’Grady will be on hand to talk tech, give mad demo, and generally celebrate mobile technology. Oh yeah, they have great club sandwiches and beer there too. Don’t miss it and be sure to RSVP on the PPUG Web site.
- Apple receives patents for push-to-talk, double-sided touch panel features
- Rumor: Apple to build Vimeo, Flickr integration into iOS 7
- Repair costs for iPhone repairs on the rise, component prices cited
- Google to incorporate voice search feature into iOS Chrome app
- Xbox One to feature improved iOS device, SmartGlass integration