Date: Monday, February 1st, 1999, 00:00
The iMac community is buzzing with the news of the possibility of an upcoming price drop and a third revision in Apple’s flagship product. According to TechWeb’s report, the Revision B iMac’s pricetag will drop to US$999. A third revision of the iMac motherboard is also being reported by their sources, this time adding a faster processor and a larger hard drive. The NoBeige office pool is betting on a Revision C iMac with a 300 MHz G3 processor, 64 MB RAM, and an 8 gig drive for US$1299. There may be a DVD option, either software or Mezzanine hardware. We’re not exactly sure yet.
- Delicious Library updated to 3.0.2
- Yahoo! changes Flickr policies, now offers 1TB of storage space for free
- Possible Broadcom 802.11ac Wi-Fi card spotted, currently supported in OS X 10.8.4 betas
- AT&T to offer FaceTime connections over cellular for all LTE-compatible iPhones by end of 2013
- HandBrake updated to 0.9.9