Date: Monday, February 1st, 1999, 00:00
Much of the “new” content in this release deals with added functionality. In particular, we’ve focused on making it easier to distribute and play game modifications (known as “mods”) created by talented fans of the game. These modifications can be as simple as substituting rail guns and rail ammo for all weapons in a map, or a new player model and skin; or as complicated as a “Total Conversion” (or “TC”) in which all game rules, graphics, maps and sounds are changed to make a brand new game. History has shown (with several games) that some of these mods can become more popular with on-line players than the original games alone.
- Apple releases Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 16
- iPhone case hints at thicker, rounder design for upcoming low-cost iPhone
- AT&T updates carrier settings, pushes Wireless Emergency Alerts
- Sprint adds 4G LTE access to 22 additional U.S. cities
- Adobe releases Creative Cloud apps into wild, offers discounts