Date: Monday, February 1st, 1999, 00:00
There seems to be a curious phenomenon going on in the Apple iMac Tech Exchange Forum regarding a “Green Light of Death” (we didn’t make up the name). It appears for an unlucky band of iMac users, Revision A and B so far, that the iMac freezes during sleep. Here’s how the Green Light of Death works:
- iMac goes to sleep.
- The glowing power button does not change color to orange, but stays green.
- iMac does not wake up from sleep. Must unplug and replug the power cord.
So far the only fixes appear to be disabling “sleep mode” in the Energy Saver control panel or sending it back to Apple for a new analog board and power supply. The official iMacs of NoBeige.com (Revision A and C) are currently not experiencing this problem. If you are currently experiencing the Green Light of Death, send us a feedback email.
- iPhone 5S component photos leaked, could indicate more colors to choose from
- Rumor: AU Optronics may not be part of next-gen iPad mini screen supply chain
- UPS for iPad app goes live, now available in App Store
- Apple releases MacBook Air Flash Storage Firmware Update 1.0 for mid-2012 MacBook Air notebook
- Apple releases iTunes 11.0.3 update