Date: Monday, February 1st, 1999, 00:00
Thanks to Lorenzo Fornari for forwarding us an official response from Technobox Inc. regarding iMac compatibility with their Mezzanine cards.
We found out a couple months ago that the iMAC mezzanine card is NOT the IEEE 1386 “PMC” style. It is a proprietary invention by APPLE (those fools!!!!).
No plans right now to get in that market……..it’s an interesting idea, actually, but have not given much thought to it.
APPLE will probably develop a repetoire of iMAC mezzanine cards on their own. This could (or could not) be a competitive problem.
Thanks for your interest!!!
Check out www.technobox.com/ to see the “what-if” possibilities.
- iPhone 5S component photos leaked, could indicate more colors to choose from
- Rumor: AU Optronics may not be part of next-gen iPad mini screen supply chain
- UPS for iPad app goes live, now available in App Store
- Apple releases MacBook Air Flash Storage Firmware Update 1.0 for mid-2012 MacBook Air notebook
- Apple releases iTunes 11.0.3 update