Date: Monday, February 1st, 1999, 00:00
The good folks at Griffin Technology recently released a new beta driver for their iPort adapter. iPort Control 1.0 is a simple control panel for enabling and controlling the iPort video and serial adapter.
The iPort control software registers the serial port of the iPort. It also allows the selection between the iPort and infrared port. You cannot use both at one time. Finally it shows whether an external monitor is connected.
Readers should know that this is beta software and can be dangerous to your iMac’s health. Jason from Griffin Technology clarified this issue for us:
We have gotten a clean bill of health from Apple after they have internally tested the iPort and concluded that the iPort does NOT void your warranty. The only issue is if you damage something DURING installation, it is not covered by the warranty. This, as you know, is the same as any peripheral, including RAM and VRAM, and has been their policy for quite some time.
- iPhone 5S component photos leaked, could indicate more colors to choose from
- Rumor: AU Optronics may not be part of next-gen iPad mini screen supply chain
- UPS for iPad app goes live, now available in App Store
- Apple releases MacBook Air Flash Storage Firmware Update 1.0 for mid-2012 MacBook Air notebook
- Apple releases iTunes 11.0.3 update