Date: Monday, February 1st, 1999, 00:00
Praise the good people at Micro Conversions! The recent announcement that Micro Conversions will ship an iMac version of its Voodoo 2-based Game Wizard is great news for those of us who want to make Unreal scream on our iMacs. Once you experience Voodoo, my friends, you can’t go back.
On another front, imagine playing Quake 2 or Half-Life [Dr Will is reportedly willing to surrender a kidney for a Macintosh version] under emulation on your souped-up iMac. Although, performance will be lacking the “ummpph” (very lacking in most cases, if not completely muted), it’s still pretty cool running Windows Voodoo games. It’s still not as cool as doing it on an Orange Micro card on a Power Macintosh G3 [Are you listening, Orange Micro?]….
The iMac Game Wizard is expected to ship in January for US$199. Installing one will void your iMac’s warranty, so be warned.
- Delicious Library updated to 3.0.2
- Yahoo! changes Flickr policies, now offers 1TB of storage space for free
- Possible Broadcom 802.11ac Wi-Fi card spotted, currently supported in OS X 10.8.4 betas
- AT&T to offer FaceTime connections over cellular for all LTE-compatible iPhones by end of 2013
- HandBrake updated to 0.9.9