Date: Monday, February 1st, 1999, 00:00
To support the wireless networking movement, Global Friendship Inc. will offer experimental Internet access over a wireless LAN system this September in Tokyo. The trial service is code-named the YES-Project and uses the 2.4GHz band, the same system that is used by Apple’s new AirPort technology. The service is aimed at students and home-users and will be available for approximately 60 subscribers initially. For the full story, see the article in AsiaBizTech.
- Apple receives patents for push-to-talk, double-sided touch panel features
- Rumor: Apple to build Vimeo, Flickr integration into iOS 7
- Repair costs for iPhone repairs on the rise, component prices cited
- Google to incorporate voice search feature into iOS Chrome app
- Xbox One to feature improved iOS device, SmartGlass integration