Date: Monday, February 1st, 1999, 00:00
In his latest article for ZDNet, Jason O’Grady examines the raft of rumors floating around about a new Apple subnotebook.
Although the weeks before January’s Macworld Expo/San Francisco traditionally represent the calm before the storm for official product announcements from Mac vendors, the imminent arrival of Apple Computer Inc.’s biggest trade show of the year can be counted on to inspire a frenzy of activity among the Mac community’s competing rumor sites.
Despite Apple’s renewed legal efforts to quash these sites in 2000 — an effort that seems to have reduced the volume of postings to the sites in recent months — the Mac rumor mill has come back swinging in time for Macworld Expo/San Francisco 2001. The hot product topic du jour: a new breed of subnotebook Macs.
- Delicious Library updated to 3.0.2
- Yahoo! changes Flickr policies, now offers 1TB of storage space for free
- Possible Broadcom 802.11ac Wi-Fi card spotted, currently supported in OS X 10.8.4 betas
- AT&T to offer FaceTime connections over cellular for all LTE-compatible iPhones by end of 2013
- HandBrake updated to 0.9.9