Date: Wednesday, August 15th, 2001, 12:02
There is a great video of NASA’s Helios wing aircraft encountering a BAD wind gust while in flight. This is one well designed UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) to take this gust and not break up in flight.
[Ed: getting to the video is tricky, but you can find it linked in the lower right nav bar of the article titled "Next Century of Flight: Aviation Week's AviationNow.com" (07/31/2001) which is the fourth search result if you search for Helios. There is also a Helios photo gallery and fact sheet on the NASA Web site.]
- Delicious Library updated to 3.0.2
- Yahoo! changes Flickr policies, now offers 1TB of storage space for free
- Possible Broadcom 802.11ac Wi-Fi card spotted, currently supported in OS X 10.8.4 betas
- AT&T to offer FaceTime connections over cellular for all LTE-compatible iPhones by end of 2013
- HandBrake updated to 0.9.9