Date: Thursday, August 30th, 2001, 09:09
After seeing the new Kevin Smith movie last night, “Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back”, I felt just a bit stupider than before I entered the show. But, I did remember the fact that in every scene where there was a computer, the computer was a Mac. When Jay and Bob visit Holden, a character from “Chasing Amy”, he has not only a G4 with a 17″ LCD, but he has about four other iMacs in his graphics studio.
The set manager even left the boxes out that the Macs came in. In another scene in a Mooby’s fast food restaurant, you’ll notice an ApplePro keyboard, and a 15″ LCD. So, I am guessing that either Smith is a big fan, or got a nice payoff from Apple. How does that work? If Apple will pay me, I’d be glad to have my PowerBook appear in the background of my kids’ baby videos. Heck, I might even throw it in there for free.
- Apple releases Java 2013-004 update for Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8 operating systems
- Google Chrome updated to 27.0.1453.116
- Apple releases Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 16
- iPhone case hints at thicker, rounder design for upcoming low-cost iPhone
- AT&T updates carrier settings, pushes Wireless Emergency Alerts