Date: Thursday, August 30th, 2001, 07:53
I took a picture of my old 8500, then Photoshopped out PowerPC and other Apple identifiers–it’s identical to the “pc” in the Microsoft. Also, if you blow up the picture you will notice that the “XP desktop” was sloppily pasted onto the Macintosh 8500/8600′s main monitor: the Mac menu bar is visible at the left upper corner.
Why would they do this? Maybe they wanted to show a dual-monitor setup but couldn’t get it to work with XP? eXPectorate — cause that’s what you’ll want to do!
[Ed: we call it Windows eXPerimental.]
- Apple releases Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 16
- iPhone case hints at thicker, rounder design for upcoming low-cost iPhone
- AT&T updates carrier settings, pushes Wireless Emergency Alerts
- Sprint adds 4G LTE access to 22 additional U.S. cities
- Adobe releases Creative Cloud apps into wild, offers discounts