Date: Friday, September 28th, 2001, 04:37
Reader report: I received my copy of 10.1 after the Apple Keynote at Seybold SF on Tuesday morning. Got home to Minneapolis and upgraded to it on my Dual 800Mhz G4 and it rocks!
I received my copy of 10.1 after the Apple Keynote at Seybold SF on Tuesday morning. Got home to Minneapolis and upgraded to it on my Dual 800Mhz G4 and it rocks!
The update when smooothy, it took only a few minutes. The speed is truly impressive. Aqua, Launching apps, general responsiveness all drastically improved.
One feature I noticed that I hadn’t read anywhere was the ability to paste a custom icon over the drive icon. It is, however, a bit buggy since I couldn’t paste a custom icon over it more than once.
You can also now resize the width of columns in the Finder by dragging the column separator, and individual columns can be resized by holding down Option and dragging the column separator.
One last thing I noticed that helps in some apps; you can choose whether or not to Anti-Alias small fonts using the General Controls panel.
There are a bunch of other things that make this a great upgrade, but all-in-all it’s a definite must have.
- Apple releases Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 16
- iPhone case hints at thicker, rounder design for upcoming low-cost iPhone
- AT&T updates carrier settings, pushes Wireless Emergency Alerts
- Sprint adds 4G LTE access to 22 additional U.S. cities
- Adobe releases Creative Cloud apps into wild, offers discounts