Date: Wednesday, April 2nd, 2003, 00:00
11 Whiffed pitch No. 2: swiping your competitor’s idea and completely screwing it up.
In an attempt to blunt Apple’s (AAPL) “Switch” campaign, Microsoft posts a page on its website, titled “Confessions of a Mac to PC Convert,” featuring a woman touting the Windows XP operating system. It’s soon revealed, however, that the woman pictured is a model and the touting comes from a freelance writer paid by Gates & Co.
- Apple releases Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 16
- iPhone case hints at thicker, rounder design for upcoming low-cost iPhone
- AT&T updates carrier settings, pushes Wireless Emergency Alerts
- Sprint adds 4G LTE access to 22 additional U.S. cities
- Adobe releases Creative Cloud apps into wild, offers discounts