Date: Wednesday, October 27th, 2004, 06:29
In his Road Warrior column Charles Moore predicts that PowerBook speed-bumps may follow last week’s iBook speed bumps. Read More…
In his Road Warrior column Charles Moore predicts that PowerBook speed-bumps may follow last week’s iBook speed bumps.
eWeek quotes Apple?s senior director of portables and wireless Dave Russell commenting: ?With the iBook announcements today, this is our notebook line going into the holidays. With the combination of the price point, and built-in wireless networking [of the new iBooks], we think we?ve got a great holiday lineup.?Although the optimist in me wants to see the PowerBook G5 announced in January, this may be a more difficult feat than it sounds. The PowerPage will stick by our original opinion that we’ll likely see one more PowerBook G4 speed-bump before the “piece de la resistance” – PowerBook G5.
That probably means that we?ll see a round of PowerBook upgrades at Macworld Expo in January. Don?t be looking for any G5 PowerBooks by then though. I?m sticking with my prognostication that the 12-inch PowerBook will be bumped to 1.5 GHz, and the larger machines to 1.8 GHz or 2 GHz – - possibly both, and all of them G4s.
- Apple receives patents for push-to-talk, double-sided touch panel features
- Rumor: Apple to build Vimeo, Flickr integration into iOS 7
- Repair costs for iPhone repairs on the rise, component prices cited
- Google to incorporate voice search feature into iOS Chrome app
- Xbox One to feature improved iOS device, SmartGlass integration