Date: Thursday, July 14th, 2005, 10:53
Sales jumped 75%, thanks to iPod, but the company was not upbeat about this quarter. Read More…
Associated Press: SAN JOSE, Calif. – Apple Computer Inc. saw its sales jump 75 percent in its latest quarter – and net income more than quadruple – as sizzling sales of iPod music players led the company to what chief executive officer Steve Jobs called its best quarterly performance.
But Apple executives stunned some analysts by offering a more pessimistic view of how the company will fare in the next quarter.
“It’s been a long time since they guided down,” said Shaw Wu, an analyst with American Technology Research. “It’s kind of bizarre considering the September quarter is usually a strong back-to-school quarter for Apple.”
- Apple receives patents for push-to-talk, double-sided touch panel features
- Rumor: Apple to build Vimeo, Flickr integration into iOS 7
- Repair costs for iPhone repairs on the rise, component prices cited
- Google to incorporate voice search feature into iOS Chrome app
- Xbox One to feature improved iOS device, SmartGlass integration