Date: Thursday, August 25th, 2005, 05:48
Tian at Kisky recently put a site together dedicated to sharing animations and other sequential ephemera for your color iPod. Click through for the link…
ipodscrubs.com contians a gallery of animations for iPod. The animations are sequenctial images which when stored on an iPod can be manipulated by the click wheel to ‘animate’.
“The tactility of the clickwheel can not only be used to navigate your music or photo collection; it can also support the illusion of movement based on the same principles as traditional flick book animations.
Digital artists and animators using applications such as Maya, or even Flash, can test their animations by ?scrubbing? the playhead backwards and forwards on the timeline.
A podscrub takes the same mechanism and applies it to the functionality of an iPod. The playhead is your finger and the clickwheel is the timeline. Simple as that.”
The site contains tutorials, and if you want to share your work with other podscrub fanatics, you can submit your own.
These things look really good on my color iPod.
- Apple receives patents for push-to-talk, double-sided touch panel features
- Rumor: Apple to build Vimeo, Flickr integration into iOS 7
- Repair costs for iPhone repairs on the rise, component prices cited
- Google to incorporate voice search feature into iOS Chrome app
- Xbox One to feature improved iOS device, SmartGlass integration