Date: Thursday, November 10th, 2005, 09:30
A story at HardMac details how to turn an iBook 12-inch into a PowerBook 12-inch.
The iBook 12″ is an excellent compromise between mobility, robustness, performance and price. It can also be transformed to become a strong competitor for its brother, the PowerBook 12″. However, it is impossible to equip the iBook 12″ as a PowerBook 12″ via the BTO from the Apple Store. So, it can be tempting to buy a basic iBook 12″ model and upgrade it yourself into a highly performing mobile computer. This article is intended to provide you help to perform such transformation. This transformation is not a “piece of cake”, and requires skills, knowledge and tools.
After the above modifications the only real difference between the iBook and the PowerBook is monitor spanning
- iPhone 5S component photos leaked, could indicate more colors to choose from
- Rumor: AU Optronics may not be part of next-gen iPad mini screen supply chain
- UPS for iPad app goes live, now available in App Store
- Apple releases MacBook Air Flash Storage Firmware Update 1.0 for mid-2012 MacBook Air notebook
- Apple releases iTunes 11.0.3 update