Date: Monday, December 29th, 2008, 20:56
I’m taking a couple of days off pre-Macworld Expo and while chilling down in Florida with my family my wife suggested looking for an iPhone app that played Auld Lang Syne and/or had a New Year’s Eve countdown timer. I find them all rolled into one – for free.
New Year’s Blowout Horn! (iTunes, free) is a fun little iPhone app to help you ring in 2009. It combines a countdown timer (to NYE obviously) and a blow-up noisemaker that you engage by blowing into the iPhone microphone (think Ocarina). It also plays Auld Lange Syne at the stroke of midnight or when you click on the “i” icon.
The perfect combination of silly and free.
- Apple issues statement regarding customer privacy/transparency in wake of “Prism” scandal
- Rogers Wireless, Telus, to offer iPad, iPad mini sales, Wind to offer nano-SIMs for iPhone 5 handset
- Review: Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm
- European Union to remove roaming fees starting July 2014
- Microsoft releases long-awaited Office Mobile 365 for iOS