Date: Tuesday, April 21st, 2009, 22:06
Category: Mac, Software
The Adium folks have been hard at work and one of the new features slated for version 1.4 is accessing Twitter accounts. That should come as no surprise considering the explosion of Twitter popularity and the development of software to access the service. As Zack West of the Adium blog put it:
“For well over a year now, Twitter has been an often-requested addition to our repertoire of services. As a user of the service I absolutely understand. The current base of Twitter clients often leave something to be desired, behave in a weird way, or just add an additional application you need to keep open.”
You will be able to open your Twitter timeline in a separate “group chat” window and people you are following will be displayed in a contact list. According to the blog, nearly all the usual features will also be there, such as looking up someone’s info, following and unfollowing, and adding images to Twitpic.
Now if they could just get video working, I could dump iChat!
- Apple releases Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 16
- iPhone case hints at thicker, rounder design for upcoming low-cost iPhone
- AT&T updates carrier settings, pushes Wireless Emergency Alerts
- Sprint adds 4G LTE access to 22 additional U.S. cities
- Adobe releases Creative Cloud apps into wild, offers discounts