Date: Wednesday, June 3rd, 2009, 09:42
On Wednesday, Other World Computing announced new memory and storage options for its Axiotron Modbooks along with a US$200 price reduction on new units. According to MacNN, performance upgrades that are currently available include up to 6GB of memory, up to 820GB storage or 160GB of SSD storage, and a 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo processor.
The price reduction offered by Other World Computers delivers a new 13.2″ Modbook tablet starting at US$1,900. The notebook comes standard with a Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz processor, 2GB of memory, 120GB internal hard drive, and an 8X dual-layer SuperDrive. The company is also providing WAAS-enabled GPS while supplies last. Owners of current Intel Core 2 Duo white and black MacBooks have the option to convert their computer into a full-featured Modbook, starting at US$1,150.
Both the new Modbook and Modservice conversions are backed by a one-year warranty, and allow users to extend to a three-year warranty for an additional US$350.
- Apple releases Java 2013-004 update for Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8 operating systems
- Google Chrome updated to 27.0.1453.116
- Apple releases Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 16
- iPhone case hints at thicker, rounder design for upcoming low-cost iPhone
- AT&T updates carrier settings, pushes Wireless Emergency Alerts