Date: Thursday, June 18th, 2009, 11:30
Category: iPhone 3GS
Moving its announced launch time up by an hour, Apple has announced that its retail store locations will open at 7 A.M. for pre-order pickup of the company’s new iPhone 3G S handset on Friday. According to AppleInsider, Apple on Wednesday moved its doors-open time to 7 a.m., an hour ahead of the previous schedule.
Unlike AT&T, Apple isn’t saving the early line for those already committed to an iPhone and will let on-the-spot purchasers buy an iPhone at that time in addition to those who already signed up for service at home. Apple also expects this timeframe to hold across all countries rather than just the U.S., which should lead to some of the countries in the first wave of the iPhone launch receiving their units before those in North America have fallen asleep.
The company has also stated that six U.S. Apple retail store locations will be closed for remodeling at the time of the launch.
- Apple releases Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 16
- iPhone case hints at thicker, rounder design for upcoming low-cost iPhone
- AT&T updates carrier settings, pushes Wireless Emergency Alerts
- Sprint adds 4G LTE access to 22 additional U.S. cities
- Adobe releases Creative Cloud apps into wild, offers discounts