Date: Thursday, June 25th, 2009, 05:52
Category: Apple TV, Software
Late Wednesday, Apple released version 2.4 of its firmware for the Apple TV set top box. The new firmware, which can be downloaded via Apple TV’s Software Update feature, boasts the following fixes and changes:
- Remote app directional control: Control your Apple TV with simple finger gestures via the Remote app. This feature requires Remote 1.3 running on an iPhone or iPod touch with iPhone OS 3.0.
- Flickr Search: Search Flickr photo tags to find recently updated photos of interest. Save searches to quickly find new photos or use as a screen saver for Apple TV.
- New view options: View movies By Genre, By Movie, or Unwatched. View TV Shows and Podcasts By Date, By Show, or Unwatched.
- Updated transport and chapter modes: During video playback, click right or left to fast forward or rewind. Additional clicks increase the speed. Click down to show chapter markers.
If you’ve downloaded the new firmware and tested it out, let us know how it works in the fabulous and rebuilt and functional comments section!!!
- Apple releases Java 2013-004 update for Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8 operating systems
- Google Chrome updated to 27.0.1453.116
- Apple releases Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 16
- iPhone case hints at thicker, rounder design for upcoming low-cost iPhone
- AT&T updates carrier settings, pushes Wireless Emergency Alerts