Date: Tuesday, July 28th, 2009, 05:47
Late Monday, the Perian team released version 1.1.4 of Perian, the open-source QuickTime components effort that allows QuickTime to support and play a variety of additional formats beyond what it would normally be able to handle.
The new version makes the following fixes and changes:
* Forced VobSub subtitles are imported into a separate track.
* Added initial DTS passthrough via similar mechanisms as AC3.
* Support old ffmpeg-generated MKV files with no enabled tracks.
* 10.6-compatible preference pane.
* Fixed “Load External Subtitles” checkbox.
* Fixed crash/freeze when loading broken VobSub subtitles.
* Fixed import of uncompressed audio in FLV.
* Fixed import of some audio tracks; should improve iApps.
* Fixed CRAM codec AVI in browsers.
* Worked around bug in iChat codec loading.
* Never allows Apple’s code to handle AC3 data anymore so passthrough works more often.
* Doesn’t try to decode some RGB colorspaces (such as in Camtasia) that aren’t supported.
* Fixed some 16-bit RGB codecs on Intel.
* Fixed importing movie files with no video tracks (regression from r706).
* Fixed H264 crash in put_h264_qpel8_h_lowpass_l2_ssse3 (in FFmpeg).
* Fixed crash with corrupt first frame.
* Fixed BMP/RLE in AVI.
* Fixed several memory leaks.
* Fixed a problem with wrong channel order in DTS 5.1.
* Fixed possible conflict with UniversalDetector.framework.
* Fixed garbage characters appearing at the end of a line with some fonts.
* Better handling of invalid SSA files.
* Fixed rendering of multi-layer subtitles.
* Fixed SRT files using ‘,’ for decimals.
* Ignored SSA shapes and \blur instead of misparsing them.
* Disabled vertical font support again to fix files wrongly using it for Latin text.
* Fixed subtitles in MKV wrongly displaying at the end of a video.
* Better handling of \move and \org.
Perian is a 3.6 megabyte download and requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later to run.