Date: Wednesday, July 29th, 2009, 04:18
Video Lan Client, the nigh-indispensable open source media player for multiple audio and video formats (MPEG, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, Divx, ogg, etc.), was updated to version 1.0.1 on Tuesday. The new version, a 28.7 megabyte download, adds the following fixes and changes:
* Flv and mpeg2 seeking.
* Wmv, wav, rtsp and ssa support.
* Fixes for Qt and MacOS interface.
* Fix of an integer underflow in Real pseudo-RTSP module.
* Translations updates.
* Port of the ZVBI module to Windows for full teletext support.
* Codecs updates for Windows and Mac OS.
VLC 1.0.1 requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later to install and run and is available as a free download.
- Apple releases Java 2013-004 update for Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8 operating systems
- Google Chrome updated to 27.0.1453.116
- Apple releases Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 16
- iPhone case hints at thicker, rounder design for upcoming low-cost iPhone
- AT&T updates carrier settings, pushes Wireless Emergency Alerts