Date: Friday, July 31st, 2009, 04:00
Over on the China State Regulatory Commission web site (basically the Chinese version of the FCC), the government has apparently approved a GSM/WCDMA cell phone complete with Bluetooth, an internal model number A1324 by Apple Inc. According to Engadget, the device was approved on May 7th, 2009 with the approval certificate set to expire in five years.
That being said, China Unicom should have plenty of time to capitalize on its reported three-year deal to offer the phone in mainland China.
And to sweeten the deal, an image of what may be the Chinese iPhone…
- Google Chrome updated to 27.0.1453.93
- Delicious Library updated to 3.0.2
- Yahoo! changes Flickr policies, now offers 1TB of storage space for free
- Possible Broadcom 802.11ac Wi-Fi card spotted, currently supported in OS X 10.8.4 betas
- AT&T to offer FaceTime connections over cellular for all LTE-compatible iPhones by end of 2013