Date: Friday, August 21st, 2009, 09:47
Adium, the open source instant message chat client with support for multiple programs (including AOL Instant Messenger, ICQ, Jabber, MSN, Yahoo! Google Talk, Bonjour, etc.) has been updated to version 1.3.6.
The new version, a 21.4 megabyte download, offers the following fixes and changes:
- Updated to libpurple 2.5.9
- Fix a crash via a specially crafted MSN message (CVE-2009-2694).
- Fix a crash in Bonjour, MSN, and XMPP when trying to transfer files with NULL names.
- Numerous fixes from libpurple 2.5.8.
- Updated to pidgin-facebookchat 1.6.0 from 1.5.1
- Fixed issues with dropped & missed messages.
- Fixed retrieval of profile information.
- Fixed retrieval of buddy icons.
- Fixed messaging with Facebook users whose user IDs are very large.
- Numerous other fixes; see pidgin-facebookchat changelog for details.
- Note: Facebook contact group support is currently disabled.
- Added option to control Facebook mail checking.
- Merged down the space dust.
Adium X is available for free and requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later to run. The program functions as a Universal Binary and runs at native speeds on both PowerPC and Intel-based hardware.