Date: Thursday, September 3rd, 2009, 04:39
DivX for Mac, the shareware player that allows users to view high definition H.264 (.mkv) videos with AAC audio and video, hit version 7.0.1 yesterday. The new version, a 23.3 megabyte download (courtesy of VersionTracker), contains the followings changes and features:
- DivX Player 7.0.1 now supports playback of DivX Plus files (.mkv/H.264/AAC) and has an updated UI.
- Use of the DivX Codec 6.8.3.
- Up to 50% faster decoding on multi-core computers for better HD Playback.
- New custom matrices that allow for better fine tuning of encoder for specific content type.
- DivX Converter 1.3.1 has been updated to work on Leopard (and to work in general).
DivX Player 7.0.1 requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later to install and run.
- Apple releases Java 2013-004 update for Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8 operating systems
- Google Chrome updated to 27.0.1453.116
- Apple releases Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 16
- iPhone case hints at thicker, rounder design for upcoming low-cost iPhone
- AT&T updates carrier settings, pushes Wireless Emergency Alerts