Date: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009, 03:53
Video Lan Client, the nigh-indispensable open source media player for multiple audio and video formats (MPEG, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, Divx, ogg, etc.), was updated to version 1.0.2 on Tuesday. The new version, a 43 megabyte download, adds the following fixes and changes:
- Assorted bug fixes.
- Support for SSA decoding.
- Support for v4l2.
- Mac OS X interface changes.
- OGG/theora support changes.
- X264 modules and security issue changes.
- Introduces the port to 64 bits for Mac OS platform and 2 new languages (Kazakh and Croatian).
VLC 1.0.2 requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later to install and run and is available as a free download.
- Apple releases Java 2013-004 update for Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8 operating systems
- Google Chrome updated to 27.0.1453.116
- Apple releases Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 16
- iPhone case hints at thicker, rounder design for upcoming low-cost iPhone
- AT&T updates carrier settings, pushes Wireless Emergency Alerts