Date: Friday, November 6th, 2009, 06:09
Late Thursday, Axiotron announced a reduced price for the company’s Modbook tablet Mac. The price fell to US$699 for Modbooks built from a customer-supplied MacBook base system and US$1,599 for Modbooks that include a dealer-supplied 2.13Ghz MacBook base system. The holiday discount program runs through December 31, 2009.
Axiotron today also announced that the Modbook Pro tablet computer, unveiled during the Macworld Expo 2009, is planned for release at the end of the second quarter of 2010.
Every Modbook includes a 90 day Modcare warranty on the entire system (including the MacBook base system, whose warranty is voided during the Modbook conversion). Extended warranty options for one or more years are available through participating Axiotron sales partners. Servicing and repair of the Modbook are provided by Axiotron’s service provider network.
- Apple releases Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 16
- iPhone case hints at thicker, rounder design for upcoming low-cost iPhone
- AT&T updates carrier settings, pushes Wireless Emergency Alerts
- Sprint adds 4G LTE access to 22 additional U.S. cities
- Adobe releases Creative Cloud apps into wild, offers discounts