Date: Monday, November 9th, 2009, 05:47
Category: Apple TV, Software
Recently, Apple released version 3.0.1 of its Apple TV software. The new update prevents content from temporarily disappearing from the set-top box until it’s resynced. According to Apple’s release notes on the 3.0.1 update, Apple TV 3.0 users may notice that movies, TV shows, and songs appear to be missing from their device.
Per Macworld, users should restart their Apple TV by unplugging the power cord and plugging it back in. Then, they should select Settings->General from the main menu, followed by selecting Update Software. Select Download and Install when prompted by the Apple TV.
If the problem persists, Apple tells users to disconnect the Apple TV from their computers from Settings->Computers , and then reconnect the device again. If the users are still experiencing the problem, they should try a factory restore and an update to version 3.0.1 before re-syncing content from iTunes.
If you have any feedback about the 3.0.1 update, let us know in the comments.
- iPhone 5S component photos leaked, could indicate more colors to choose from
- Rumor: AU Optronics may not be part of next-gen iPad mini screen supply chain
- UPS for iPad app goes live, now available in App Store
- Apple releases MacBook Air Flash Storage Firmware Update 1.0 for mid-2012 MacBook Air notebook
- Apple releases iTunes 11.0.3 update