Date: Tuesday, November 17th, 2009, 05:20
Printer driver updates may not be the sexiest thing to mention to your significant other after you’ve drawn her a hot bath, lit the candles and dimmed the lights, but they are necessary.
I mean, everyone needs to print.
Late Monday afternoon, Apple posted printer updates for Canon, Brother, HP, and Lexmark on its Support Downloads site..
Per Macworld, each of the four drivers contain the latest printing software for Snow Leopard from the respective hardware makers. The Canon, Brother, and HP drivers also include scanning software and require Mac OS X 10.6.1.
The four drivers and their files sizes include:
Users can also snag the updated drivers via Mac OS X’s Software Update feature.
Apple lists detailed information about supported printer models on its web site.
- Apple releases Java 2013-004 update for Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8 operating systems
- Google Chrome updated to 27.0.1453.116
- Apple releases Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 16
- iPhone case hints at thicker, rounder design for upcoming low-cost iPhone
- AT&T updates carrier settings, pushes Wireless Emergency Alerts