Date: Monday, November 23rd, 2009, 05:47
Late Friday, shareware developer Maintain released version 4.5 of Cocktail (Leopard Edition), Cocktail, the popular shareware utility program that allows for additional Mac OS X system tests.
The new version, a 1.9 megabyte download, adds the following fixes and changes:
- Added ability to clear data detectors caches.
- Added ability to clear QuickLook caches.
- Improvements on the clear dynamic link editor’s shared caches procedure.
- Improvements on the clear potentially harmful files procedure.
- Addresses an issue in which Cocktail may unexpectedly quit while clearing system caches.
- Addresses an issue in which Cocktail may report problems with diskutil.
- Addresses an issue in which check of the S.M.A.R.T. status may fail.
- Fixed a bug in which some items in /private/tmp folder were not deleted during clearing of the temporary files.
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements.
- Updated Automator actions.
Cocktail 4.5 retails for a US$14.95 shareware registration fee and requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later to run.
- Rumor: Fifth-gen iPad to receive rear-facing mic, thinner, lighter design
- Dropbox updated to 2.0.21
- Apple receives patents for push-to-talk, double-sided touch panel features
- Rumor: Apple to build Vimeo, Flickr integration into iOS 7
- Repair costs for iPhone repairs on the rise, component prices cited