Date: Wednesday, January 27th, 2010, 05:18
Category: iPhone, Software
This isn’t about the Apple tablet.
That’ll happen in a few hours.
Though word is the tablet will be reasonably priced and be made of unicorn smiles.
Per Engadget, an unintended update to the iPhone Developer Program License Agreement went live Tuesday with a placeholder referencing a January 27th launch. The date of course suggests that an updated iPhone OS could be presented at Apple’s product unveiling Wednesday.
The placeholder can be found on the signup for for Apple’s iPhone Developer Program and reads: “Need to update this for the 27th launch.”
According to McGrall-Hill CEO Terry McGraw, Apple’s tablet device will run a variant of the iPhone mobile operating system, which lends credence to the idea of an updated iPhone OS announcement Wednesday.
On Monday, analytics firm Furry released statistics that possible tablet prototypes were being used on Apple’s campus running iPhone OS 3.2, an unreleased version of Apple mobile operating system. This means that rumors of the tablet running iPhone OS 4.0 could be off base.
Either way, this is going to be interesting.
- Apple receives patents for push-to-talk, double-sided touch panel features
- Rumor: Apple to build Vimeo, Flickr integration into iOS 7
- Repair costs for iPhone repairs on the rise, component prices cited
- Google to incorporate voice search feature into iOS Chrome app
- Xbox One to feature improved iOS device, SmartGlass integration