Date: Thursday, February 11th, 2010, 04:05
On Monday, Skype released version 188.8.131.521 of its popular Voice over Internet Protocol communications program.
The new version, a 43.3 megabyte download, adds the following fixes and features:
- Platform specific: OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Skype Access was not working
- Skype occasionally crashed when the host of a conference call would hang up on one participants during the call.
- Platform specific: OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Users were unable to call phone numbers via their Mac Address Book.
- Platform specific: OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Some animated emoticons were not displayed correctly.
- Skype crashed due to invalid avatars (occurred seldom).
- Users sometimes experienced an “Unable to mount database” error message when launching Skype.
- Skype crashed when a user quit after opening an authorization missed event.
- Platform specific: OS X 10.3 Panther Occasionally Skype crashed right after an account was created.
- Improved notification on how to disable a mood message chat.
Skype 184.108.40.2061 is available for free and requires Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later to install and run.
- Apple releases Java 2013-004 update for Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8 operating systems
- Google Chrome updated to 27.0.1453.116
- Apple releases Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 16
- iPhone case hints at thicker, rounder design for upcoming low-cost iPhone
- AT&T updates carrier settings, pushes Wireless Emergency Alerts