Date: Wednesday, July 7th, 2010, 04:58
Category: ipad, News, Software
Apple on Tuesday released version 1.2 of its MobileMe iDisk application, bringing support for multitasking within iOS 4 for the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4, as well as native support for the iPad.
The 3.4MB update is available from the App Store or through iTunes. New features in version 1.2, according to Apple, include:
- Designed for both iPhone and iPad.
- Multitasking support for iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS (iOS 4 required).
- Quickly switch to another app and back using iDisk.
- Play audio from your iDisk while using another app.
- When app is opened, the last file or directory viewed is displayed.
- Option to open iDisk documents in compatible apps such as iBooks.
- When sharing a file, an email can be sent from any configured email account.
- The URL for a shared filed can be copied and pasted.
- Various stability improvements.
The iDisk application was first released for the iPhone and iPod touch in July of 2009. It allows users to remotely access files saved online via the MobileMe service.
- iPhone 5S component photos leaked, could indicate more colors to choose from
- Rumor: AU Optronics may not be part of next-gen iPad mini screen supply chain
- UPS for iPad app goes live, now available in App Store
- Apple releases MacBook Air Flash Storage Firmware Update 1.0 for mid-2012 MacBook Air notebook
- Apple releases iTunes 11.0.3 update