Date: Friday, July 16th, 2010, 10:49
Category: iPhone, News
After being hounded by weeks of complaints regarding the iPhone 4′s antenna, Apple today held a press conference to tackle the press conference head on.
While the company didn’t issue a sweeping recall, it noted that you can get a free bumper case (or a refund if you’ve already purchased one) and that since they can’t make bumpers fast enough, you’ll be able to select from a choice of cases on the Apple website starting late next week.
Per the full play-by-play over at the Apple Core, iPhone 4 customers still have the option of returning the phone for a full refund, with no restocking fee within 30 days. Apple also announced that the white iPhone is going to start shipping at the end of July and that its bringing the iPhone to 17 more countries on July 30, including:
Stay tuned for additional details as they become available.
- Apple receives patents for push-to-talk, double-sided touch panel features
- Rumor: Apple to build Vimeo, Flickr integration into iOS 7
- Repair costs for iPhone repairs on the rise, component prices cited
- Google to incorporate voice search feature into iOS Chrome app
- Xbox One to feature improved iOS device, SmartGlass integration