Date: Tuesday, August 31st, 2010, 11:24
Category: News, Software
- Adjusted SpamSieve’s tokenizer to improve the filtering accuracy.
- Improved compatibility with pre-release versions of Apple Mail.
- MailForge now works with SpamSieve, as described in the Setting up MailForge section of the manual.
- Made some changes to better support the upcoming Microsoft Outlook 2011. (Full support will come when Office ships.)
- Added various updates and clarifications to the manual.
- Fixed a regression where SpamSieve wouldn’t be able to install its Apple Mail plug-in if Mail’s folder had been redirected using an alias.
- Fixed a bug where SpamSieve would sometimes quit when coming out of trial mode.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes the Hits column in a rules window couldn’t be resized.
- Worked around an OS bug that could cause an internal error when reporting a corpus error.
- Made various modernizations to SpamSieve’s code and interface files.
- The Apple Mail plug-in now shows up with the proper name in Mail Plugin Manager.
- Updated the disk image layout.
SpamSieve is available for a US$30 registration fee and requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later to run. The new version can either be downloaded directly from the web site or brought up to the current version via the program’s built-in update feature.