Date: Monday, August 16th, 2010, 03:46
Category: iPhone, News
Per a quick release on the Near Field Communications World web site and his LinkedIn profile, Apple has tapped telecom guru Benjamin Vigier as its new Product Manager of Mobile Commerce. The hire immediately follows his handiwork on PayPal Mobile, Sprint MyMoneyManager and the iPhone-based Starbucks Card.
Prior to this, he spent two years heading SanDisk’s mobile commerce and near-field communication efforts and over a year doing NFC for Bouygues Telecom.
Current speculation points towards work on an iPhone-based commerce system, but we’ll have to see what comes along.
- Delicious Library updated to 3.0.2
- Yahoo! changes Flickr policies, now offers 1TB of storage space for free
- Possible Broadcom 802.11ac Wi-Fi card spotted, currently supported in OS X 10.8.4 betas
- AT&T to offer FaceTime connections over cellular for all LTE-compatible iPhones by end of 2013
- HandBrake updated to 0.9.9