Date: Wednesday, September 8th, 2010, 05:21
Category: News, Software
Amidst yesterday’s updates and product releases, Apple released Safari 5.0.2, the newest version of its web browser. The new version, available here (or via Mac OS X’s Software Update feature), sports the following fixes and changes:
- Fixes an issue that could prevent users from submitting web forms.
- Fixes an issue that could cause web content to display incorrectly when viewing a Google Image result with Flash 10.1 installed.
- Establishes an encrypted, authenticated connection to the Safari Extensions Gallery.
Safari 5.0.1 requires Mac OS X 10.6.2 (under Mac OS X 10.6) or later to install and run and is available for free.
- Apple releases Java 2013-004 update for Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8 operating systems
- Google Chrome updated to 27.0.1453.116
- Apple releases Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 16
- iPhone case hints at thicker, rounder design for upcoming low-cost iPhone
- AT&T updates carrier settings, pushes Wireless Emergency Alerts