Date: Thursday, September 30th, 2010, 04:02
Category: Apple TV, Hacks, News
Your new Apple TV might be arriving today.
So why not hack it?
Per QuickPWN, a member of the Apple jailbreak blog iPhone Dev confirmed that if you use Greenpois0n and the SHAtter exploit, you can indeed jailbreak the Apple TV’s iOS 4.1 installation. The Dev-Team managed to jailbreak the film rental since Apple having has firmware on its servers.
The greenpois0n update for 4.1 has yet to be officially released, but at present, various how-to Websites show users how to add a multitude of apps and programs such as Sapphire and Boxee to the old Apple TV. With the jailbreak options readily available for the newbie, (as well as the Apple TV’s mini-USB port at your disposal to add external storage), there’s no reason to think that hackers can’t come up with something interesting…
- Apple releases Java 2013-004 update for Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8 operating systems
- Google Chrome updated to 27.0.1453.116
- Apple releases Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 16
- iPhone case hints at thicker, rounder design for upcoming low-cost iPhone
- AT&T updates carrier settings, pushes Wireless Emergency Alerts