Date: Friday, November 26th, 2010, 11:04
Category: ipad, Rumor
The rumor mill continues to thrive with the Chinese-language Economic Daily News reporting that the new iPad 2 will go into production this month and will be on sale early next year per PC World.
The same newspaper in August reported that the device would have a 7″ touchscreen.
The August report from the Economic Daily said Chimei Innolux will supply 7-inch LCD touchscreens, which use the same IPS (in-plane switching) technology found in the original iPad, for the new device.
The companies named in the Economic Daily report declined to comment. Contract manufacturers and component makers normally do not reveal what products they’re working on because failure to maintain secrecy can cause them to lose business.
Stay tuned for additional details as they become available.
- Apple releases Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 16
- iPhone case hints at thicker, rounder design for upcoming low-cost iPhone
- AT&T updates carrier settings, pushes Wireless Emergency Alerts
- Sprint adds 4G LTE access to 22 additional U.S. cities
- Adobe releases Creative Cloud apps into wild, offers discounts