Date: Tuesday, December 28th, 2010, 05:00
Category: Finance, News
Apple has revealed that it will publish the financial results of its first fiscal quarter of 2011 on Tuesday, January 18, with a conference call to discuss the results following immediately after.
Per AppleInsider, the news was posted to Apple’s investor website along with the notice that a link to the conference call webcast “will be provided at a later date.” Apple will make the results public at 5:00 p.m. Eastern time, 2:00 p.m. Pacific, following the close of the stock market.
The results, which will include the holiday season, are largely expected to be record-breaking.
Apple’s fourth fiscal quarter of 2010 results impressed Wall Street analysts, though limited supply of the iPad resulted in disappointing sales figures for the tablet device. The company’s profits soared 70% year-over-year to $4.31 billion, driven by record sales of iPhones, Macs and iPads.
The iPhone maker projected in October that it will earn US$23 billion in revenue and post diluted earnings per share of about US$4.80 for the upcoming first fiscal quarter.
Analyst Shaw Wu of Kaufman Bros. predicts that Apple will sell 4.2 million Macs, 6.1 million iPads, 16 million iPhones and 17 million iPods in its first fiscal quarter of 2011.
Stay tuned on the 18th for additional details as they become available.
- iPhone 5S component photos leaked, could indicate more colors to choose from
- Rumor: AU Optronics may not be part of next-gen iPad mini screen supply chain
- UPS for iPad app goes live, now available in App Store
- Apple releases MacBook Air Flash Storage Firmware Update 1.0 for mid-2012 MacBook Air notebook
- Apple releases iTunes 11.0.3 update