Date: Friday, December 31st, 2010, 05:19
Category: Accessory, News, wireless
Because MiFi units are always useful…
Per Electronista, a forum post late Wednesday on sprintusers.com provided the first look at the finished version of one of Novatel’s first 4G routers, the MiFi 4082 for Sprint. The hybrid WiMAX and EVDO router spotted by SprintUsers veteran r0fl shows an at least superficially upscale design with a brushed metal effect and chrome trim. Its design still adopts the familiar pocketable shape but has extra indicators for signal strength and what may be the presence of 4G speed.
The 4082 is believed to be shipping by January 30 and could be unveiled at CES next week. Novatel is likely to have an LTE counterpart to the 4082 for Verizon and other carriers using the more widely adopted 4G standard, but significant details haven’t emerged to date.
Stay tuned for additional details as they become available.
- Apple releases Java 2013-004 update for Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8 operating systems
- Google Chrome updated to 27.0.1453.116
- Apple releases Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 16
- iPhone case hints at thicker, rounder design for upcoming low-cost iPhone
- AT&T updates carrier settings, pushes Wireless Emergency Alerts